Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Good Friend Leaves

Well it has been a long time since I have posted something on my blog. Guess it is time, I get on the "stick". I had a good friend recently move back to Canada. I was sorry to see him leave and I think he was sorry to have to move.

He was one of our new Masons in my lodge. He was raised a couple years ago. A very engaging and knowledgeable young man. He was a casualty of the Maytag mess and then it hit him again when he lost his job at Principal along with a couple hundred other people.

Mike and I could set and have some really intellectual talks. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of brothers in my lodge that I consider "intellectuals", so it was a pleasure to sit and visit with him over coffee or a beer.

He tried to find a job here, but unfortunately nothing materialized so he was forced to accept a position back in Canada. I know it was a great opportunity for him and he will do great...his job background was an "enterprise architect"...does that tell you anything about his abilities?

I hope we will get to see each other again sometime down the road, but at least we can keep in touch electronically.

No comments: